Good for U promotes its misssion year-round

Good for U, Gannon University’s initiative to promote wellness in the campus community, plans to continue its mission this year through several categories of wellness at the core of the initiative, some of which you may already be doing without even knowing.
Attending 11 a.m. or 9 p.m. Mass at the Mary, Seat of Wisdom Chapel on Sundays is a part of the program’s spiritual wellness. Also included as part of Good for U’s spiritual wellness category was GIVE Day, which took place on Sept. 16 and was an amazing way to give our whole self – body, mind and soul.
Options that the Recreation and Wellness Center has to offer this year include weekend hours from 8 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. It also has a plethora of group fitness classes and open swim hours that adds to your own physical wellness.
Another major option to assist in your physical wellness is to join an intramural or sport club. The Recreation and Wellness center plans to offer more intramural options than ever before. If you have any questions, contact Chad Indorf at [email protected].
The Rec Center is also a great source of Gannon’s mission of wellness; even just going into the center for a smoothie at the Fresh Café is helping Gannon on its path to environmental wellness.
As midterms and finals roll around, your emotional wellness is largely important as the Rec Center offers Yoga on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday for you to destress and relax your mind.
If you just need someone to hug, the Rec Center will also offer therapy dogs for the second year in a row.
The therapy dogs will visit once a month, and the next time our furry friends will be in is 5-6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15.
While relaxing and taking a break from studying is really nice, some days you need to really hit the books. This is why another category of Good for U’s mission is intellectual wellness.
This can be achieved through opening your mind to new ideas and experiences.
The Rec Center offers a way to combine both your intellectual wellness and physical wellness with state of the art treadmills with a table to put your laptop or books.
While your studying will pay off in the future and help you achieve your dream job, you can also do work studies or just work off campus.
This helps you achieve your occupational wellness by finding balance and fulfillment in our roles as students and employees.
So, find something that you enjoy and find a job in that field because you know what they say: if you are doing something that you love, it feels as though you never have to work a day.
Places like Professional Mentoring and the Student Success Center can help you achieve that.
College is all about meeting new people and making friends and achieving your social wellness as you now have the ability to relate and connect with others in our world. Attending athletic events and Homecoming weekend helps you reach that goal.
If you would like to know more about events that are coming up this year and years to come follow us on on Twitter at @GannonRWC, on Instagram at @gannon.rwc or on Facebook at GannonUniversityRWC.

AMY BENKOVICH