Explore fitness options at Fair

The 13th annual Wellness Fair is almost here.
On Tuesday, the celebration begins. Are you ready? Good for U wants to remind everyone of all the great things going on at the Recreation and Wellness Center (RWC) this year and prepare you to “Navigate Your Wellness” at the Wellness Fair.
Gannon University’s Recreation and Wellness Center offers various opportunities to embrace your well-being each day. With discounted rates for personal training, free group fitness classes and smaller workout rooms to avoid the intimidation that some associate with working out in a public setting, there is no reason why you can’t embrace your wellness today.
The RWC offers open use of our gymnasium courts and running track, open swim times and intramural sports programs to help strengthen the bonds between friends and even meet new people, all while embracing your well-being. Study centers, treadmill desk active work stations and specialized cardio equipment with internet access give students a healthy and active way to get their work done and study as well.
After your workout, feel free to take advantage of our newly renovated locker rooms, too, including a sauna in each. The RWC really is the place to be this year for all things wellness related. We believe that everybody needs a personal trainer – whether you are a conditioned athlete or just starting out. Personal trainers are here to hold you accountable for your own success and to push you to achieve the goals that you set for yourself.
When you choose to sign up for one of the personal training packages offered at the RWC, you receive a free consultation, which helps our staff pair you with the trainer that will best suit you and what you hope to achieve. This consultation also includes a measurement of your Body Mass Index (BMI) and a one-mile walk or three-minute step test to determine your level of fitness and what style of training would yield the best results for you.
To show how far you have come after training with the RWC staff, before and after pictures are available as well. Currently, the RWC has a staff of three ACE Certified Personal Trainers who are all here to help you succeed: Brandon Mansell, Jeremy Santarelli and Emma Sciullo. Santarelli, the Recreation and Wellness Center fitness supervisor, said that personal training is a great way for people of all fitness levels to jump start their fitness journey today.
“There is a lot of accountability associated with personal training,” he said. “Our trainers are here to make sure that you are not only comfortable with working out, but that you are also having fun and achieving your goals.”
Santarelli said the RWC provides gymgoers and their trainers with the everything they need to reach their fitness goal.
“We have full roam of the facility, including the athletic weight room, and our clients have the unique opportunity to use equipment not available to the public,” he said. “We truly do everything that we can to help you become the best version of yourself.”
Each member of the personal training staff at the Recreation and Wellness Center is also certified to deal with many conditions that may make working out difficult for their clients, including athletic injury and arthritis, among other issues. There are a variety of personal training packages available for students, faculty and staff as well as members of the facility at very competitive rates.
During the Wellness Fair only, the personal training special that started off the new year will return. With your purchase of any personal training package, you will get one free hour session or two free half-hour sessions included. Santarelli said that everyone needs a personal trainer.
“At the Recreation and Wellness Center we really believe in the idea that everyone needs a personal trainer,” Santarelli said.
“Even the Steelers’ very own Antonio Brown has a trainer to keep him accountable. And, with our rates, personal training at the RWC is about half the price of training at another local gym.”

DAVID RUSSO