Def Leppard releases brand new album

What happens when a musician or a band who were popular in their youth, grow old? They usually keep doing whatever it was that got them famous in the first place.

Playing the same old songs and touring with the same show, catering to the fans who will support you out of nostalgic feeling. There is another option, though.

You can keep moving forward and releasing new songs that keep your old fans happy while gaining new followers.

This is exactly what the English Glam rock band “Def Leppard” has decided to do. Formed in 1977, Def Leppard’s current members include Joe Elliott (lead vocals), Rick Savage (bassist, backing vocals), Rick Allen (drums, backing vocals), Phil Collen (guitar, backing vocals) and Vivian Campbell (guitar, backing vocals).

Over the years the band has released over 11 albums and sold over 100 million albums worldwide. Their lasted self-titled album “Def Leppard” was just released early this year.

They’ve been around for a long time and released countless original songs that are reminiscent of previous songs, but still manage to be fresh and new.

The new album “Def Leppard” is a shining testament to that statement. The album has 13 tracks all different from each other, but still work together cohesively as an album.

There are a few tracks that really encapsulate the album as a whole. They stand out and are the pillars that the other tracks stand on.

Track number 4, “We Belong,” is a classic power ballad. The guitars and drums create a dreamy environment for the soothing lead vocals to sit on during the verses  The chorus features driving guitar chords to keep the song moving forward and backup vocals make the lyrics sound triumphant and sincere.

There is a short and sweet guitar solo near the end of the song as well.

Track 5, “Invincible,” is an upbeat tune with tons guitar riffs and a driving drum beat. Complete with inspiring lyrics and a classic guitar solo, this song is perfect to put on in the car while cruising down the highway.

Lastly is my personal favorite, track 13, “Wings of an Angel.” The beginning sounds fairly similar to their classic hit song “Photograph.” A rough guitar lead is what makes this song my favorite.

The rawness of the guitar riffs and solo is provocative, which perfectly matches the lyrics and overtone of the song. Def Leppard has always been fantastic at making rock sexy, and this song is one of the biggest ways they did that in this album.

I was very impressed with the album as a whole. Def Leppard to me means glitter, glam rock and passion. This album has that glitter, its glam, and is full of passion from every member of the band.

For a band who has been around for almost 40 years, they can still surprise and wow their fans with new songs that become instant classics in their own right.

NICK HUMES