Try not to go crazy on Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day can either be incredibly fun, absolutely terrible or generally mediocre, just like any other day. It all depends on how you look at it.

Remember when you were a little kid and you were so excited for Valentine’s Day because it meant that you’d only have a half day of school and then you got to eat a bunch of chocolate and exchange Pokemon and Power Rangers Valentine’s Day cards with your friends and teachers. Then when you got home, your parents would normally have a bar of chocolate or something for you too.

Those days were awesome; everyone was usually in a good mood. Nowadays it seems as if half of the world wallows in sadness and anger and the other half treats it as the equivalent of an anniversary.

In all reality, it’s just another day – a day where finding a seat at any restaurant is pretty impossible, but a day. People tend to make more of a big deal out of it than they need to.

Yeah, it can be fun to go out and give gifts to your significant other, but there’s no need to go broke doing so. Likewise, feeling like you’re alone can be pretty terrible too, but you shouldn’t feel like you need a significant other to be happy.

Love comes in many forms and it doesn’t necessarily have to be romantic love. You weren’t infatuated with all of your classmates in elementary school when you gave them candy and cartoon valentines, yet you still had a great day.

Whether you’re in a relationship or not, spend some time with all of the people in your life that you care about, from parents to friends to family. Even if you just give them a goofy Valentine’s Day card, they’ll more than likely appreciate it.