Words of encouragement help pick up pieces

In life, when you think nothing else can go wrong, something usually does.

That used to bother me a lot, but I’ve come to terms with the fact that God only gives challenges to those who can handle them. It’s not exactly a test, but if you don’t handle it well, chances are the outcome won’t end up as smooth as it could have.

I’ll be completely honest, I do break at times – I’m only human – but once I go through my wallowing, I pick myself back up. There’s no one who will be there for you more than yourself, and your mother of course – I love that woman.

Tragedies happen, but what are you going to do, quit? I’m not.

When a tragedy happens, you have to fight like hell to get through it.

That pain you encountered – confusion, fear, despair – it’s called life. That’s all there so you can move on and find something better. There’s always something better out there.

That something that will be better will certainly be worth it and you will be the best you can be because that’s all you can do.

You should never let anything break you, especially when you can overcome it.

I’ve learned a lot about myself this year and I’ll be honest, I’ve bettered myself. I’ve started making decisions based on what would be good for me, not others.

You truly do find yourself in college. At this time freshman year, I was uncertain about almost everything in my life. But here I stand now; I know who I am and who I want to be.

Sometimes, things in this world, that you won’t understand – war, people, love – happen. And sometimes those are things that should just remain a mystery, like you’re not supposed to understand why they happened. The mystery will keep you itching at first, but eventually, you’ll realize that it’s better off that way. It’s better off to let things go and let life move forward, so you can move forward.

Make something out of nothing. Make the impossible the possible because anything is possible if you want it to be.

The other day my mother told me to not let someone else define who I am.

When something doesn’t go your way or isn’t in your favor, the first thing I think is, “What did I do wrong that made them side against me.” The answer is nothing. If you tried your best and did all you could, than there should not be a negative side to that.

Define yourself because no one else can do that for you unless you let them.

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”

Until next time readers, I bid you adieu.

COLLEEN LANGHAM