How you can look hot this summer season

One of my favorite ways of procrastinating for the studying I need to do for finals is shopping.

If you also enjoy this beloved pastime, I’ve got advice on what to fill your closet with this summer.

If you’re headed out of state soon, you may want to take advantage of Pennsylvania’s no-sales-tax-on-clothes sooner rather than later.

Here are the things you’ll want to take advantage of.

Be wary of cheap fabric. You want material to last all summer, so at least check the tag before you buy.

Stay away from polyester, acrylic and rayon.

You will want light, breathable material rather than heavy material that’s going to leave you sweaty.

Cotton, silk and linen are the good materials that you do want in your closet.

They’re lightweight, totally natural and what you want your clothes to feel like.

As far as what you want your clothes to look like, funky geometric patterns are finding their way on material for skirts, shoes and jewelry designs.

Think back for inspiration to gypsy fashion or 1960s go-go dancers.

Choose from classic black and white hound’s-tooth to kaleidoscope patterns.

Go hunting for geometrically patterned pencil skirts with vibrant colors like scarlet, sky blue or orange.

Geometry isn’t just invading prints on fabric; it’s also starting to dictate the cut or pattern of shoes and jewelry.

Two-tone colored sandals or metal-studded flats are must-haves for this look and unusual, polygonal, chunky jewelry will complete your whole outfit.

These designs can add intricate detail to an otherwise ordinary coupling of colors, which may be just enough to attract the attention of a potential summer fling.

In addition to a ravishing repertoire of summer sandals, your closet should host a pair of summer booties as well.

The small heel is very complimentary when you want to show off your calves in a sheer sundress.

Boot-like masculinity is very complimentary to the softness of the sheer fabric.

Keep your eye out for open-toed booties with lacing or a cut-out design in the fabric.

If you’re looking for something more mature, seek out dresses and blouses with sleek lines and cut-outs in a mainly monochromatic color scheme.

Then add well-placed pops of bright colors like cobalt and crimson for a fully aesthetic affect.

Look for asymmetrical skirts and dresses that break the barriers of former hem lines, for a modern and edgy look.

You want an extreme contrast in length from where the material falls on you, front to back or side to side.

Be sure your purse collection is stocked with a classic clutch.

Ideally it should be a single bright color, fold-over opening with studs or a cut out design in the leather.

Have your clutch ready with these colors for your lips: pale pink lipstick for the a.m. and purple lip gloss for the p.m.

Put all of these together and you’re ready to look your hottest this summer.

BRIANNA WOODS