Students’ votes count for SGA

We said it on Election Day and we’ll say again now.

Voting is really important.

Regardless of whether you took the time to vote for president of the United States – although we hope you did – SGA elections are equally as important.

At least for students, they are.

This election, at least for all underclassmen, directly impacts your life as a student at Gannon University.

As Angela Coutillac, the current president of SGA told The Knight this week, SGA has a student member on every single committee at this university.

That means that students have a say in practically everything that goes on around here.

If that’s not power, what is?

This election, if anything, is your chance not only to be heard at the university, but to make a difference.

SGA is there to be representative of the students; it’s not just about the candidates up for election.

It’s about who will best hear your voice and relay it to the most important people and places.

So we encourage you, as students, to take this issue of The Knight seriously. Read through all of the candidates’ responses and vote for the people whom you think will make a difference in your favor.

SGA elections for the 2013-14 academic year are set to take place starting at 12:01 a.m. Monday, March 18 and ending at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, March 20. Students can vote online at ww4.gannon.edu/studentvote.