Knight Vision

There’s bound to be a schoolwork hangover after Thanksgiving break.

All the tryptophan consumed, time spent with family and friends, and the small taste of holiday cheer will make it hard – if not nearly impossible – to focus on the last three weeks of school.

It’s too bad we have no choice between whether we want to skate by or trudge through.

We’ll all be taking the tough road so it’s time to find a productive way to relieve the built up stress.

Digging into your fourth pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream or numbing your mind with a second consecutive hour of Facebook creeping doesn’t count.

We’re talking about going to the gym and legging out a few miles on the track, working on a different assignment or even recharging your batteries with a nice bath.

These tricks can go a long way in helping you feel prepared for whatever assignment your teachers decide to throw your way.

However just as there are students who can handle the pressures, there are others who can’t seem to fight off stress if their grade depended on it.

This is where all you clutch MacGyvers come in.

It’s important to make an effort at putting the antsy Adams and Annes at ease in the next weeks.

All we’re saying is to be a good friend. Even though it’s easy to put ourselves as priority numero uno during finals, make sure to keep others in mind.

Striking up a conversation with someone, some scheduled time for fun or even a quick text to let someone know you’re thinking about them can make a master of zen from a  nervous wreck.

They’ll thank you when they make it through finals week with their sanity.

Remember that during everyone’s preparation for finals week, it’s as important to be a good friend as it is a good student.