Knight Vision

It’s painfully obvious that this student body lacks school spirit.

No gusto. No enthusiasm. No passion.

If you don’t believe me, attend a Gannon University sporting event. But we know that not even a chance to prove The Knight wrong would motivate anyone to watch their fellow classmates score goals on the field or record digs on the court.

Senior night for the men’s and women’s soccer teams was attended by more Mercyhurst students than their Gannon counterparts.

If you’ve been to one of the football games at Gannon University Field – but judging from the student section, you haven’t – you’d notice that our willingness to cheer on the Knights is pathetic. On a good day.

Luckily for you there is no better time to make up for missed opportunities than during homecoming week –  especially since Homecoming coincides with the inauguration of the university’s seventh president, Dr. Keith Taylor.

So, this week, refrain from slipping on the hooded sweatshirt of the big Division I school you’ve always followed and instead throw on the maroon and gold.

It might be wrinkled from never leaving the back of your closet, but that’s a small price to pay to show you’re different from the other zombies walking around campus.

But if fashion isn’t your forte and sports aren’t your specialty, there are a plethora of other ways to show you care, starting with the presidential inauguration Friday and concluding with the Homecoming dance which ends early Sunday morning.

It doesn’t matter how you choose to display your school spirit, just do it.

Heaven knows that Everett Wensel can’t keep doing it for all of us.