Spring Break Happened, Now What?

March 8, 2024/Midnight  

For some students, spring break is not always the most refreshing. Sometimes it can cause more stress; this is situational of course.  

For example, I had a fluctuating break. I spent most of my break with my extended family due to the recent loss of my grandpa.  

While it was not a joyous occasion, being able to see my family that I have not seen in years and being able to celebrate his life was an honor to be a part of. 

Though most of my break was spent with family, I also had the privilege of attending my first Sabre’s game (which they lost 5-2 against the Winnipeg Jets).  

The entire experience at the Sabre’s game was surreal. The fans’ energy was optimal, and the team carried that energy all the way till the end of the third period.  

Though it was an event packed break, now that I am back at school, its bods the question of “now what?”  

I am two months away from walking on the stage and receiving my diploma. I have class requirements to fulfill and yet after this break, the senioritis is at an all-time high.  

The first thing I am doing is taking this one step at a time. Making sure I know that relaxing is important and that overworking myself will not get me anywhere.  

Thankfully, I am in a department that has very understanding professors who are lenient and are willing to work with me when it comes to that point.  

With graduation approaching, I have begun to have the “freak out” over the dreaded question “what do you want to do with your life?”  

Something that helped me was going to the Student Success Center, having a meeting about what to do, and looking into different jobs that I may not have originally considered.  

I feel as though some students often overlook the Student Success Center, but it truly is a wonderful place full of great resources.  

There is a team full of individuals who are ready to help you with whatever you need, the Career Closet and often just someone to chat with.  

After meeting with Carly Masiroff, I feel more confident than ever when it comes to job planning/applying for jobs.  

At first, I was nervous to send out a ton of job applications but now, I am ready to just send out my resume to wherever I see fit, and hope for the best.  

As we near the end of the semester, it is important to think of what can be done during the summer months.  

Whether it is job hunting, traveling, taking summer classes, or relaxing (to name a few), it is the time to begin thinking about it.  

For me, I will be thinking about fully moving back home until I find a place and more importantly, a job.  

Though this can be daunting, the thought of having to move back home, no job and no more school, please take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in this.  

These fears happen to everyone, and if they do not, I envy you.  

Take time, enjoy the remainder of the semester, but do not forget to think about the near future.