New Vice President for Student Advancement

Charlize Harding, News Editor

Erie PA, April 16, 2023— On April 14th, 2023, Nancy Bird had been announced as the new Vice President for Student Advancement.

Previous Vice President for Student Advancement, Barabara Beuscher, stepped down from the role to move back to Wisconsin to be with her family. Barabara has played a vital role in Student Advancement, bringing in over $81 million out of the University’s $100 million goal.

Barbara has accepted a role as an executive in healthcare back in central Wisconsin. April 28th, will be Barbara’s final day at Gannon University.

As Vice President of Student Advancement, Nancy Bird will be responsible for managing and leading the University advancement by evaluating and designing different fundraisers to allow the University to reach their $100 million goal.

Nancy has worked with Gannon previously from June 2014 to June 2019 as director of Alumni Services then as director of Alumni Engagement.

After three years as Alumni Development at Penn University Park campus, she returned to Gannon and will be taking the role of Vice President of Student Advancement immediately succeeding Barabara Beuscher.

Prior to working at Penn State and Gannon, Nancy had experience working with Cathedral Prep/ Villa Maria Academy.

Per Dr. Keith Taylor’s email on the matter, Nancy Bird said:

“With the knowledge I gained at Penn State, along with the experience in my prior development roles at Gannon, I hope to help Gannon finish the Believe. Inspire. Transform. campaign strong and surpass our goals,” Bird said. “I am excited to continue the momentum started by my predecessors, and I look forward to celebrating Gannon’s 100th anniversary and the progress the university has made in creating such an impactful experience for our students.”