Final Week and Mental Health

Charlize Harding, News Editor

After a tough semester full of unknown, finals week is finally upon us.

During this time, it is important to remember to take care of yourself.

The pressures of finals week, final grades, etc., can put a lot of pressure on students, faculty, and staff.

During this time, most students stay up late, and do not provide themselves with the nutrients they need.

Some things to be sure you are doing this stressful time is:

• Sleep! Staying up all night studying, typing, reading may sound like a good idea but listening to your body when it needs sleep will help more in the end
  • Drink water, caffeine may be your friend during this time but so is water
  • Eat healthy, though fast-food delivery is helpful during late night study sessions, be sure to give your body the proper fuel it needs
  • Take breaks. Staring at your textbook or a screen preparing for finals with no breaks will not do any good. Taking a break every so often to do something you enjoy will do better for you than one may think
  • Remember that you are only human, you have made it extremely far this semester, working tirelessly, and you are in the home stretch. You got this.

Realistically speaking, this is all easier said than done. Taking the time, you need to take care of yourself is something we should always be doing; overworking yourself to get a good grade can often have the opposite effect.

At the end of the day, you need to take priority over anything else. While grades and finals are important, it does not matter if you are not doing well to take them.

Good luck to everyone during this last week, remember to be kind to yourselves.