Community and Service Fair garners student participation

Charlize Harding, News Editor

The fall 2022 Community and Service Fair was Sept. 27th from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in Waldron Campus Center and was an opportunity for students to connect with community partners.  

Anthony Nunez, a sophomore theatre and communications arts major, is a transition guide and co-facilitates a Gannon 101 section with Heidi Brieger Noyes. The class attended the fair.  

“The fair was an opportunity for local organizations to spread their missions and purposes to interested students,” Nunez said. “The function was to not only show students what the community has to offer, but to seek help from young adults.”  

However, it can be difficult for every booth to be seen, especially with how many were in attendance. Over a dozen nonprofit organizations helped students learn more about the community’s partners and showed students how to get involved with service in the Gannon community.  

Nunez said the fair was, “a great way for students to participate and take advantage of the opportunities provided.” 

“If a student is unsure about going, there really is no need to be,” Nunez said. “It is not too complicated, and you are able to go to whichever booth you would prefer.” 

The LocalLovinErie Booth caught Nunez’s eye specifically.  

“I really enjoy the events they host,” Nunez said. “Though I am not able to attend them all, I love hearing about them and hope to be more involved more often. Knowing what is happening in the city and being able to encourage others to go is something that I would like to do more.”