Quinn XCII to appear at Gannon Saturday

Ali Smith, Arts & Leisure Editor

This Saturday is the return of APB’s annual concert series featuring pop artist Quinn XCII at the Highmark Events Center. 

APB, Gannon’s Activities Programming Board, is a student-run organization that plans activities and events across campus. Through their events, student interests can be explored, and the Gannon family can be built through community engagement. 

Breanne Hurley, senior APB president, said APB hosted a large-scale concert every two years before COVID-19 shutdowns and restrictions. 

It feels significant to be able to host this event after several years of COVID-19 restrictions,” Hurley said. “It is exciting to be able to host a large-scale event like this again and to provide the experience our students and the rest of our Gannon community have been asking for.” 

Raeann Asel, a junior nursing major and long-time fan of Quinn XCII, is excited for the event. 

“Once I found out it was Quinn XCII, I instantly got so excited,” Asel said. “I’ve been listening to his music on repeat since the day we found out.” 

Mikael Temrowski, who goes by the stage name Quinn XCII, is a singer-songwriter from Detroit, where he wrote and recorded his own music while studying at Michigan State University. Quinn XCII’s early music had more of a rap sound than his more modern work. 

His albums include a blend of musical genre inspirations, like hip-hop, reggae and electronic.  

Temrowski said his greatest artist influences are Kanye West, Jon Bellion, Michael Jackson and Chance the Rapper. 

His latest studio album, “Change of Scenery II,” was released in March 2021 and produced at his family home in Rhode Island. Hits from this album include pre-released singles “Stay Next to Me” and “My Wife & 2 Dogs.” 

Fans such as Asel have been around for it all. 

“My hometown best friend introduced me to Quinn XCII freshman year of high school,” Asel said. “Ever since then, I have loved his music.” 

Doors for the concert open at 7 p.m. All students and staff are invited free of charge, with Gannon ID and Corq event pass. Tickets are not available at the venue.  

To ensure concert safety, bags, water bottles, mace or other weapons are not permitted.  

We hope a huge event like this, along with Unity Week and Homecoming, can help to spark some new energy in student engagement,” Hurley said. “Hopefully this can help to show underclassmen and future leaders on campus the scale and scope they can aim for with their future experiences at Gannon.” 

For questions about the concert, please email [email protected]. 

ALI SMITH