The Gannon Knight’s Fall Netflix TV Show Guide

The perfect television shows to binge-watch on Netflix during this year’s fall season

Anna Malesiewski, Features Editor

With fall in full swing and the weather getting colder, now is the perfect time to cuddle up on the couch, cozy sweater on, warm beverage in hand, wrapped in a knitted blanket and binge watch a television show.
Here are some shows that scream fall vibes.

Gossip Girl
“Gossip Girl” chronicles the dysfunctional lives of a wealthy group of friends in Manhattan.
Mainly set at a private school in the Upper East Side of New York City, the backdrop of “Gossip Girl” exudes preppy academia, which is exactly the energy many chase during the fall season.
Characters often costumed in plaid patterns, sweaters and knee-high boots add to the New York City fall aesthetic.
And featuring songs such as “Young Folks” by Peter, Bjorn and John, “Time to Pretend” by MGMT and “The Only Exception” by Paramore, the show makes you feel like you’re strolling through Central Park or the concrete jungle with autumn leaves falling around you.

Lucifer
What better way to lead up to Halloween than by binge watching a show starring Satan himself?
“Lucifer” follows the original fallen angel as he struggles to navigate the mortal world.
After abandoning his post as the King of Hell and retiring as a nightclub owner in Los Angeles, Lucifer falls in love with a detective.
“Lucifer” pulls together sex appeal, darkness and supernatural elements into a sardonic must-see this Halloween.

You
“You” follows a dangerous and intense young man as he quite literally follows the woman of his dreams himself.
Main character Joe stalks his subjects in crushes turned obsessions.
Joe goes to great lengths to force himself into the lives of those he is transfixed by, making for a devious and thrilling drama with twists and turns around every corner.
Halloween season is the perfect time to watch a psychological thriller, and “You” will definitely make your skin crawl.

Friday Night Lights
Nothing says fall like Friday night football.
“Friday Night Lights” follows the lives of the members of the Dillon Panthers, one of the best high school football teams in the nation.
Dillon is a small town in rural Texas, and football is one of the most important things to the town’s residents.
“Friday Night Lights” will remind you what it feels like to be in the stands on a crisp autumn evening.
The series uses the backdrop of a small town to show the importance of morals and values, and to take a stance on contemporary issues.

ANNA MALESIEWSKI