Basketball season to begin soon

Alrighty folks, basketball season is coming up fast upon us and to kick it off Gannon will be hosting a pep rally and a Season Preview Dinner Thursday.
The first part of the evening will feature a full-plated dinner service and people present will be blessed to hear from alumni and coaches from both the women’s and men’s teams. Guests will also get the chance to meet members of each team before they suit up for this upcoming season.
In addition, a silent auction will be held, and those in attendance can bid on a number of Gannon items throughout the evening.
Dinner starts 7 p.m. at the Waldron Campus Center. The price is $45 per person and $425 for a full table of six. The latter deal also comes with a full-page ad in the event program.
This marks the first year that the university is hosting such an event. But wait! There is more — so much more! Following the dinner, the annual Knight Time event will take place at 9 p.m. in the Hammermill Center.
The event, which is free and open to the public, is being billed as an all-sports celebration, with an “Olympic-style walk-out” of all two dozen Gannon sports teams as well as performances by the competitive cheer and dance teams.
The event also will feature intrasquad scrimmages involving both the men’s and women’s basketball teams.
Both the men’s and women’s teams will be led by new coaches this season – Kelvin Jefferson on the men’s side and Cleve Wright on the women’s side. Wright isn’t exactly new; he coached the Knights from 2002-13 before leaving for Division I Miami (Ohio).
Thursday’s event sounds like a good time, and I encourage you, dear readers, to attend.
Anyways folks have a good week and GO KNIGHTS!

TOM SWICK