Battle of the Griffeys

Baseball fans love to debate on which team was better and which players were better, but one of the biggest debates is, who is better — Ken Griffey Sr. or Ken Griffey Jr. Now folks, I’m here to solve that mystery.
Ken Griffey Sr. played for 18 years, and he had a very successful career. He won two World Series titles and was a three-time All-Star. Senior’s career batting average was .296 and he collected 2,143 hits, 152 home runs and 859 RBIs. He was known for playing for the Reds, winning back-to-back World Series with them. Yet, he also had a brief stint for the Yankees and finished his career with his son on the Seattle Mariners.
Ken Griffey Jr. played for 22 years before retiring in 2010. He piled up numerous All-Star, Gold Glove and Silver Slugger awards, won an American League MVP, led the AL in home runs four times and was a member of the Major League Baseball All-Century Team. He finished with a .284 batting average, 2,781 hits and 630 home runs. The Mariners retired his number 24 and he was a first-ballot Hall of Famer in 2016.
Also, we must not forget the 1990 and 1991 seasons when both Griffeys were on the same team. Senior was ending his career while Junior’s career was just beginning. The two became the first father-son duo to hit back-to-back home runs in a game. Even though Senior was the veteran he said that the team was his son’s and he was there just to watch him, getting a front-row seat to all of his games.
So in the end, baseball fans can argue all they want. No one can deny that both Griffeys were great players. However, Griffey junior was the better of the two, despite Senior’s two rings. Junior just put up better stats and was a more dominant player. Anyways, folks, have a good week and GO KNIGHTS!
TOM SWICK