Marvel marathon makes for memorable moments

As a heads up, there are no spoilers in this column or my review of “Endgame” on Page 9.

If you know anything about me, you know that it is no secret that I am a huge nerd.

For just about my entire life, I have been obsessed with science fiction and when the first “Iron Man” came out in 2008, my 8-year-old self lost his mind.

Ever since then, I have watched every Marvel movie that has come out and loved just about all of them.

If you didn’t know that the last Avengers movie “Endgame” came out last weekend, you must be living under a rock, but I cannot tell you how long that I have been waiting for this movie, and I felt that I needed to prepare for seeing it somehow.

I know a lot of people who went back and watched “Infinity War” a couple of days before going to the theaters, and there are a couple of people I talked to who went back and watched all the “Avengers” movies, but my roommate from freshman year, Mike, and I decided to go all out.

We watched all the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and then went to see “Endgame.”

That turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life.

Since I had already seen all the movies, except for “Thor: The Dark World,” I was really pumped to see all my favorite movies again, and I have to say, I was not disappointed.

I went into the marathon with a lot of preconceived notions about what I thought were my favorite movies, and which ones that I thought that I didn’t care for, and I was really surprised at how my opinions changed.

I really didn’t think that I was going to like “Iron Man 2” as much as I did, because the last time that I watched it, I was not too impressed.

On this viewing though, I was transported back into my 10-year-old self seeing the movie in theaters.

I remembered just how awesome it was to see all that action when I was a kid and just really enjoyed the ride.

And that was just one of many movies that I changed my opinion on.

For the most part, Mike and I watched about two movies a night, but the premiere date of “Endgame” came a lot sooner than we were thinking, so we ended up having to take drastic measures.

Last Tuesday, the day before classes started back up again after Easter break, I woke up bright and early and drove back to school to make sure that we could watch as many movies as we could that day.

Starting at 9:30 in the morning, we watched six movies in a row, only taking breaks to make coffee, go to the bathroom, make more coffee and go to Subway to get food.

The great thing about seeing all these Marvel movies a in row is that I realized just how much diversity there is between all the different movies.

Some of them are strictly action movies, some are detective stories and some are comedies that just happen to have action scenes in them.

There is a reason that these movies have been such a big part of my life for this long and seeing “Endgame” was the perfect end to a great series of movies.

BENJAMIN HAYLETT