Motivation allows students to power through finals

Even though we still have to finish the last week of classes and get through finals, I think I can finally say that I’m confident I’ve survived this semester.

This has been the most challenging semester I’ve ever had, and I’m so excited that the end of it is just around the corner.

With finals starting Monday, I decided to look up and list some quotes that may help fellow students get through the end of the semester, whether this is your first semester in college, or your last.

First, Molly Cooke, a senior theatre communication major, once said, “Power through, don’t power down.”

A quote I like especially because I feel like it relates to every thesis student: “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela

“You’ve got what it takes, but it will take everything you’ve got.” — Unknown

“It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” — Epictetus

“Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammed Ali

“A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could.” — Zig Ziglar

I like this quote as well because I feel like none of us are convinced we can make it through a tough class like senior thesis, but we do because our fellow classmates, friends and professors believe we can.

“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” — Bruce Lee

I procrastinate too much and continue to think about everything I need to get done, but I push it off instead of getting it done to shorten my to-do list.

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill

We all hate finals week, but we need to get through finals in order to end the semester so we can enjoy Christmas break before the start of another semester.

Study hard, but don’t forget to get up and take a break.

Your body and mind need periods of rest between cramming.

Get up and grab some food. Eat an actual meal instead of snacking a bunch.

Take a walk around your dorm or down a hallway.

Take advantage of Nash Library for studying. Your dorm room and your bed may be more comfortable, but it’s unlikely you’ll be as productive.

Get some sleep. It’s so important for your body to get at least a few hours of rest. This is something I should follow myself, but I tell myself to stay up and keep working even though I know I need sleep.

Do your best on every final paper, project, presentation and final exam. You’ve got this. We’ve got this.

VERONICA KOWALSKI