Netflix adds a bounty of new programs just in time for the cold months

David Giesbrecht/Netflix
House Of Cards Season 6

As the cold weather is slowly approaching, so is the urge to stay inside and binge Netflix.
Before the end of the month, Netflix releases a short video to tease what will be hitting the website the next month.
All the buzz has been focused toward the new Netflix Original, “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.”
Set to be released Friday, the new show is a believed to be a little darker than the beloved Melissa Joan Hart version of “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” series from the 1990s.
This new series is based on the comic book series of the same name originally released in 2014.
Similar to the comic book series, Sabrina Spellman must reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while fighting the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.
If “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” scares you too much, Netflix is releasing a new comedy show Tuesday.
The new show is divided into six 30-minute episodes. The lineup includes comedians Joey Diaz, Big Jay Oakerson, Liza Treyger, Yamaneika Saunders, Brad Williams and Christina P.
“Degenerates” follows in the footsteps of similar projects such as “The Standups” and “The Comedy Lineup.”
With October coming to an end, November and December come with the promise of more quality shows.
The sixth and final season of “House of Cards” is set to be released Nov. 2.
A series that was built around the chemistry between two actors is now a solo act.
With Kevin Spacey fired from the show, Robin Wright is on her own.
This season we will gain new insights into Claire Underwood as she assumed the presidency at the end of the previous season.
To fill the loss of a major character, a few additions to the cast have been introduced.
Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear will play siblings Annette Shepherd and Bill Shepherd, the inheritors of an industrial conglomerate and members of a family with the power to influence American politics.
Joining them, Australian actor Cody Fern will play Annette’s ambitious son Duncan Shepherd.
Following the theme of exciting new shows comes “Medal of Honor.”
The series, set to debut Nov. 9, shows the extraordinary lives of eight service members awarded the nation’s highest commendation for valor.
On top of that, the show is said to recreates some of the most incredible acts of valor from World War II to post-9/11.
Netflix also plans to reboot the 1985 Filmation series “She-Ra: Princess of Power.”
The series with a similar title, “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power,” is set to release Nov. 16.
The show follows Adora, a 16-year-old orphan, who comes across a magic sword and transforms into the legendary Princess of Power, She-Ra.
Ellen DeGeneres, beloved talk show host, philanthropist and comedian, is set to release her first stand-up comedy special in 15 years.
Netflix’s comedy specials have proven to be very popular, so there is not a chance they are going away anytime soon.
“Ellen DeGeneres: Relatable” will be released Dec. 18.
Long before her primetime sitcom “Ellen” or her hugely successful syndicated daytime talk show “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” DeGeneres began her career as a comedy club emcee in her hometown of New Orleans.
With all this and more to come, be sure to keep a lookout on what Netflix promises in the future.

OLIVIA HAHNER