SGA executive board race slim

The annual SGA elections are upon us and in case you forgot what date they are being held from the time you looked at the front page until now, they are on March 14-15. So make sure you vote on EngageU.
Except for the chance that someone writes himself or herself in for a position, there won’t be much in the way of decision-making you will have to do when it comes time to vote. Each position is running unopposed except the Vice President of Student Development and Engagement.
Still, we hope everyone takes the time to go vote because it won’t take long and it’s important to be involved in the process despite the lack of opponents in a majority of the spots on the executive board.
Gannon’s student government does a lot for the students from funding to being their voice to Gannon’s presidential staff.
Just as the SGA goes to the presidential staff, the presidential staff looks to SGA as a voice for the students so that they can better serve them.
As with all clubs and organizations, there is a lot of opportunity in SGA and anyone can get involved. You can be a representative for your class, a club or organization. You can even run for executive board without having been on SGA before.
Even if you don’t want to be directly connected with the group, speaking with and voting for representatives is another way to involve yourself in what is going on at the university in the realm of student government.
You can help create change within the university or a group you’re involved with on campus.
Overall, don’t underestimate the importance of being involved with what is going on at your university, whether that’s with SGA or another group.
There are many ways to catalyze change and to get involved, and it’s important that you do that while you’re here.