Make the most of Advising Day

Peter Cottontail and Easter break are on their way, but you have to make it through Lent first — or at least the rest of your assignments.
The good news is we’re almost halfway through some of the darkest days of the year. But there are ways to make them brighter.
Just think, you’ve already made it through daylight saving time.
There’s really only a month and a half left in the spring semester, and you’ll be blessed with a day off for Advising Day March 29.
Speaking of which, we at The Gannon Knight would like to issue a friendly reminder.
Having a day off as an adult is not a snow day, although you might want to treat it as such.
Think of it as a “work day” for class, where you spend some time working on assignments. Even if you only spend the time used in one class period, it’s better than nothing.
And after spending your day wisely, you can take a study break with one of the evening events on campus.
Gannon’s chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon will be hosting a benefit concert for the Erie Women’s shelter at the Knight Club featuring on-campus talent.
If you spent the day recovering from Advising Day Eve festivities, the Writing and Research Center is holding a Write-In at the Recreation and Wellness Center to crank out that term paper you’ve been putting off.
As for this week, distract yourself from the Lenten blues by working out your fall schedule or maybe even attending the archaelogy lecture at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 219 of the Waldron Campus Center. Who knows, you might learn something.