Should there be costume restrictions?

It’s that time of year again to get dressed up and pretend to be someone or something else for a night. You can be scary, funny or scandalous – the choice is yours. Isn’t it?
Halloween has grown over the years into more than just a day dedicated to celebrating the dead, it has turned into a day to fill your face with candy from strangers and scare your neighbors.
It is also a day where people can hold a different identity and maybe embrace an alter ego. But, when deciding your costume, be aware that perhaps not everyone will understand it and maybe you are the only one who thinks it is funny.
Some costumes can hold an innocent meaning to you, but the people perceiving it might consider it to be offensive. It is advised by some, that when deciding on a costume, take people’s feelings into consideration and be cautious as to what you dress up in.
We aren’t saying you can’t be creative or you don’t have the freedom to make the Halloween costume choice yourself, we are just suggesting that some believe censorship when designing a costume is needed.
Halloween isn’t a chance for people to be offensive toward a group of people they may not like or an individual person. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t make a point with your costume – just be 100 percent certain that the point you are trying to make, actually makes sense.
Perhaps take your Halloween costume back a few notches if you think it might offend somebody. But, who decides what is offensive? How can we tell someone what to and what not is OK to wear?
What are your thoughts Gannon?