Some things will never change

A lot of changes happened at The Gannon Knight this year, but one thing that didn’t change is that we’re still an award-winning paper.

The American Scholastic Press Association recently sent out the list of results for its journalism awards and The Knight won a first-place award – for at least the fifth year in a row – and it was one of the only two papers to receive the “Most Outstanding University Newspaper” award for the 2014-2015 academic year.

This was placed in the ASPA’s “special category” section.

Slippery Rock’s student newspaper received the other award.

This year, we’ve moved to a new building, started using a new layout software and most of the staff and editors were completely new to the paper.

The first couple of weeks were a bit hectic and more than a little stressful; however, we were able to pull together and create solid, outstanding papers from week to week.

Now that we’re working on the last issue, we’re in the midst of preparing for what’s to come next year.

No one knows for sure who’s going to be in charge of what, but we do know that four members of the editorial staff are graduating and one person will study abroad for the fall semester.

It’s safe to say that most of the editorial board next year will be new people.  Though working on something completely new may be a challenge for some, hard work and dedication will help them to persevere throughout the year.

And hopefully, they’ll have some strong leadership to guide them through it, so The Knight can come out with some more wins next year.